PU - Institute of Communication Studies


Established in 1882 at Lahore, the UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB is the largest and the oldest seat of higher learning in Pakistan. It was the first to be established in the sub-continent in Muslim majority area. The fact that three Nobel laureates are from this University speaks volumes for its academic and research excellence. The University comprises of 4 Campuses, 13 Faculties, 9 constituent colleges, over 63 Departments, Centres, Institutes, and 500+ affiliated colleges. It has over 620 permanent faculty members involved in teaching/research and over 30,000 on campus students. Annually there are about 350 exams for 450000 students. INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATION STUDIES: It was the first Department of Journalism in the Indo-Pak subcontinent when established in 1941. Its nomenclature was changed in 1985 from Journalism Department to Mass Communication Department. The Department has now become an Institute and has an excellent academic environment. Institute of Communication Studies offers BS (Hons.), M.S, M. Phil and Ph.D. programs in Communication Studies. M.S and M.Phil are four-semester two-year programmers. Ph. D. programs requires two semester (one year) class work and then three to five years for research work. With the facilities of a modem departmental library, Photo Lab. Computer Lab., Video Editing Lab., a departmental Radio and TV station, the Institute also has very experienced and qualified faculty. There are six Ph.D and one M.Phil in its permanent faculty of nine.

Vice-Chancellor, University of the Punjab: Prof. Dr. Mujahid Kamran
Director: Prof. Dr. Nosheena
Address: P.O. Box No. 54590. Lahore, Pakistan.
Tel.: +92-42-923-1099 (Quaid-e-Azam Campus) +92-42-921-1612 (Allama Iqbal Campus)
Internet: www.pu.edu.pk
e-Mail: vc@pu.edu.pk , registrar@pu.edu.pk